CMC offers a full suite of industry leading applications to satisfy the operational requirements for a wide range of business jet and air transport aircraft types. CMC’s family of PilotView® products is ideally suited to support a comprehensive suite of Type-A, Type-B and Type-C applications, including charting, moving maps, performance calculations and pilot collaboration tools.
Out of the box
The PilotView® EFB software environment is supported by a Windows 7 operating system and is delivered with CMC's Main Menu utility and several preconfigured applications.
- Main Menu Suite 2.0: The Main Menu Suite provides a configurable environment for rapid and consistent access to applications during all phases of flight. Designed specifically with cockpit operations in mind, the large touch zones and compound color scheme reduce eye fatigue and allow the flight crew to access applications rapidly at any time.
- sideView®: Provides an instantaneous view of the other pilot’s screen regardless of the type of application in use.
- eDocView® : A user-managed indexing and presentation tool for documents of all types.
- noteView®: Designed to allow drafting notes on an EFB using a graphical user interface in both portrait and landscape modes.
- calcView®: Standard calculator functions in a convenient layout.
CMC also offers custom-built applications that optimize information, communication, data downloading and pilot collaboration in the cockpit – making the EFB a true focal point for crew information applications.
- CMCView®: An intuitive video display application that can handle up to four high resolution camera sources, with independent video feed selection from each EFB.
- En-Route Weather: Real-time weather display overlay on flight-plan driven moving maps (requires Iridium datalink installation).
- eFlight Report: Supports interactive flight data, pilot log entries, and multiple flight leg management in a customizable report format.
- FlightView: Represents surrounding terrain, water, obstacles, airports and runways in an FAA AC 23-26 compliant Synthetic Vision environment (includes flight planning functions).
- Tandem™: Innovative cross-platform application designed to securely exchange flight plans, charts and other application data between tablets such as the iPad and CMC’s PilotView® products.
In addition to a complete selection of CMC custom applications, the PilotView® product line can support a variety of third party applications (charting, performance calculations, eTechlog), whereby installation of these applications can be performed by the Operator or supported by CMC’s Application Integration and Verification Services.
Application Integration and Verification Services
The PilotView® EFB product line supports any operator-specific application that is compatible with a Windows® XP/Windows® 7 environment. The EFB included "Setup and Test" tool enables the user to modify the Main Menu to enable easy access to custom applications.
For new or user-specific applications and configurations, CMC provides an optional Application Integration and Verification Service which includes application-specific verification, image creation and configuration, and an image field management service.
Each new application may be associated with its own data requirements and/or communication protocol. CMC’s Application Integration and Verification Service ensures a seamless application integration and worry free operational approval.
CMC also offers pre-configured OS images including its “Jeppesen FliteDeck3 ready” image.
Please contact your CMC representative for additional information.